Licensed moneylenders are only allowed to impose the following charges:
- Late repayment fee which must not exceed $60 each month
- An administrative fee which must not exceed 10% of the principal of the loan when it is granted
- Legal cost ordered by the court for a successful claim by the moneylender for the recovery of the loan
- Maximum monthly interest must not exceed 4%
- The maximum late repayment fee must not exceed 4% each month of late repayment
The total charges must not exceed the amount equivalent to the principal loan. Also, the computation of the monthly interest rate must be based on the principal remaining.